Gluten Free Granola Recipe that's Packed with Nutritional Value
This blog does not intend to provide diagnosis...
Granola is usually considered one of the healthier breakfast cereals, but it often has a lot of sugar and not a lot of protein. This recipe changes all of that, and it's gluten-free.
- 2/3 cup raw shredded coconut
- 6 Tbs. sesame or flax seeds
- 4 cups nuts, raw and shelled
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 4 Tbs. melted coconut oil
- 4 Tbs. maple syrup
- 1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- Line a 9-by-13-inch pan with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Set the dried cranberries aside and add all the other ingredients in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly so that the cinnamon, oil, syrup, and vanilla extract coat everything.
- Spread mixture evenly in pan and place in oven.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally until the nuts are crispy and coconut is golden.
- Let cool, and then stir in the cranberries or raisins.
- Store in a mason jar in the fridge. This will stay fresh for one week.
This recipe yields approximately 12 half-cup servings. It can be eaten as a cereal with your favorite milk or as a snack.
Be sure to stop by iHerb for your Gluten-Free Grocery Needs!