MY

Posted on May 12, 2022
Works great on humans & pets

I love shampoo bars and bar soap because a) you get more concentrated product for your money and b) I'm not using plastic that pollutes the oceans. I wash my hair 2-3 times a week, and this bar lasts me about six to eight months, maybe even longer. If this review helped you, please give it a thumbs up! I have thick, coarse hair, which tends to be on the dry side. This shampoo bar leaves it clean without it feeling stripped. The scent is mild to nonexistent and the price is great. As others have noted, it is perfect for travelling and camping. Also works great on dogs! Mine have very thick fur and it took handfuls of liquid shampoo to get them clean. Meanwhile, a few good swipes of this shampoo bar lathers them up much more efficiently and cheaply.

Posted on Dec 11, 2021

I really like this. I thought at first that my hair would be dry because it seemed to get squeaky clean, but once I lather up I let out sit for a few minutes and use a simple conditioner after and my hair never feels stripped of its oils. There is no lasting scent. I used to use a fancier bar shampoo that cost a lot more, but the only difference is the scent and not the quality. For reference, my hair is long and untreated and I’m middle-aged with a lot of wavy thin hair and some grey.

Posted on Jul 23, 2022

A nice plastic-free alternative to shampoo in a bottle. One or two "swipes" across my hair and after massaging it in, brings up a good lather, so very economical and great value in that sense. The scent is gentle but nice. Good to use every day. I'm careful to leave it out of the shower spray and on a soad dish so it doesn't melt away and shorten its lifespan, but it seems to be lasting just a long as other shampoo, but for the same price (or cheaper), so good value.

Ancaria
Posted on Mar 31, 2022

This product is superb. It looks like soap but is not actually. It leaves the hair soft and sleek like a good traditional shampoo. It works well with my bleached hair and sensitive scalp. I've tried a lot of solid shampoos, and this one shares first place with another product. Highly recommend!

Posted on Feb 26, 2022

I love this product. I used the moisturising formula for my beard and bald scalp without irritation so far. It smells good with all natural ingredients, and there's no plastic packaging. The only negative it's size - I was hoping for a larger bar - but will definitely be buying this product again.

Posted on Dec 10, 2021

Been using these shampoo bars for over a year and I love them. Good lather, keeps my hair clean and healthy and no need for conditioner. It’s affordable and one bar lasts me quite a while. Also a good way to reduce waste and plastic use. The moisturizing formula is good in dry winter months.

Posted on Jul 15, 2022

Pleased with order. FYI "hair detox" is a real things, it may take several washes to get the soft texture to hair that otc shampoos and conditioners give. Tip I have learned from research for the first couple washes, wash twice rinsing in between, and about 3 or 4 days between to begin with. Zero smell, which is a plus for many, however I think a sent would be great!

Posted on Apr 5, 2022

I did not find this more moisturizing than the original bar. The original bar also smelled so good and this one hardly has a scent, so I will not be repurchasing. I still appreciate the plastic free packaging though and it did leave my hair and scalp squeaky clean. These bars are of good quality, but not for people who wash their hair daily, since it is technically soap(saponified olive oil is main ingredient.) for people who wash their hair every week, this is perfect.

Posted on Feb 14, 2022

I love J.R Liggett's shampoo bars! I've been using them for over 2 years now and my hair has never been healthier or more shiny. I have thick, curly/wavy hair and this suds up very well considering it is devoid of sulphates or other nasty chemicals yet it leaves my oily scalp feeling squeaky clean. I like to buy the pack of 3 as it works out cheaper and I find that using these bars on rotation stops my hair getting desensitized (which is what happens if I only use one product religiously). I don't use a conditioner due to the natural oils in the shampoo bar, but I like to put a few drops of jojoba oil on the ends of my damp hair to keep it moisturized and curly without making it greasy. If I wash my hair every 3 days, this bar lasts between 1-2 months and is SUPER handy for travelling. Also, there's no plastic waste so it is way more environmentally friendly. Also, I like to massage my scalp with oil before washing my hair and these bars thoroughly clean my hair. Would certainly recommend this as a stepping stone between using drugstore shampoos and going 'no-poo' (no shampoo), or even water-only as it should make the transition period less intense and oily.

Posted on Jan 20, 2022

This is a nice little bar that doesn't seem to dry out my hair as badly as some others. I think it will also last a bit longer, as it didn't melt or soften very quickly. It lathers just enough. It is truly non-scented, which is great for me.